Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Character development – Types of Physical Responses Part 2 of 5

INVOLUNTARY OUTWARD RESPONSES

Involuntary outward responses are reactions that are visible to those around us, but that we have little to no control over.

~ Blushing
~ Red Ears
~ Sweating
~ Teary eyes

These are all examples of involuntary responses. Involuntary responses are easily seen in others, but your point of view character would only notice the corresponding effects of the responses in himself/herself. For example my POV character would notice that his vision had blurred not that his eyes had teared. He would realize that it was tears that caused the blur.

If my face were to turn a different color, be that color red, white, green, or blue, I would not know it without the aid of a mirror. Instead, I would know that I felt sick or that my face was hot, cold, numb, etc . . .

What are examples of involuntary responses you have? Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. Definitely something to come back to as I polish my WIP.

    jennyrosewriter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...